Thursday, August 14, 2008

All Knotted Up :(

8/9: rest day

8/10: rest day

WOD 8/11: skill work

more oly lifting practice. c&j'd 135lbs and power snatched 125lbs. practiced dropping the weight as well. also played around with a bunch of stuff. this gym is a playground.

time: 1hr

WOD 8/12:
  • jumping lunges x 50
  • box jumps (upper-thigh) x 30
  • ghd situps x 20
  • jumping lunges x 35
  • box jumps x 20
  • ghd situps x 10
  • jumping lunges x 20
  • box jumps x 10
  • clap pushups x 20
i started off timing it, but stopped after the 50 lunges. i got really frustrated because i didn't have my usual "snap". my legs were still beat from the walls balls a few days ago.

also, i knotted up my rhomboid/trap area pretty badly yesterday on my last snatch.

this led me to getting my first ever massage. i knew i had years of embedded knots, so i finally threw the towel in. it was an hour of deep tissue massage - let me tell you...this was not the stereotypical "relaxing" massage. i have so many knots in my back it's a wonder i've made any progress at all. after the hour, she had just begun to loosen them up. i still have them everywhere. i'm going in friday as well. i'm pretty sure that i'm a bad case.

so, i'm not working out today. i may take some more days off. i feel really bad because we've taken sooooo many rest days with the trip and everything else, but my body needs it. i really can't progress like i have been with all these knots, and i feel like working out will just screw me up more.

the massage is interesting though. it is a workout all its own because it is stimulating the muscles in a completely different way. she also started working the toxins out, and i have been peeing like a race horse ever since.

8/13: rest day

8/14: rest day

No comments: